Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer 2.20 boosts the number of data types available for acquisition, fixes support for Google Photos and speeds up Photos downloading speed by enabling pre-filtering. In addition, we’ve switched from Google Maps to OpenStreetMap for showing you the user’s location history.
Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer 2.20 is a bug fix and maintenance release adding several minor features and expanding available data categories.
ECX 2.20 expands the number of data categories available for acquisition from the user’s Google Account. Experts can now additionally download a bunch of new types of data. This includes data sources in the Visited tree, Web pages opened on Android devices, requests to Google Assistant in Voice search, Google Lens in Search history, Google Play Books and Google Play Movies & TV.
We’ve also fixed the issue preventing Elcomsoft Cloud Explorer from accessing Google Photos. The issue appeared after Google deprecated the Picasa API we’ve been using to access Google Photos all this time. We’ve accommodated the changes by making use of the new Google Photos API and reinstated access to the Photos. However, the Google Photos API is more restrictive compared to the old protocol, so we’ve lost access to embedded EXIF information. We’re working on a fix.
We’ve added the ability to pre-filter Google Photos. You can now specify which photos will be downloaded according to your own filtering criteria. If, for example, you specify a certain range of time, only the photos taken within that range will be downloaded.
Extracted locations will now be opened in OpenStreetMap instead of Google Maps.
- Added support for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)
- Fixed the downloading of Google Photos (currently, EXIF data is not available)
- Added the ability to only download information corresponding to custom filtering rules (filtering prior to downloading) for Google Photos
- Switched from Google Maps to OpenStreetMap for mapping locations
- Added progress bar to History downloads
- Many additional types of History data can be downloaded (data sources in the Visited tree, pages opened on Android devices, requests to Google Assistant in Voice search, Google Lens in Search history, Google Play Books and Google Play Movies & TV etc.)
- Many bug fixes and UI improvements