Disklabs Faraday Bags
State-of-the-art solutions for shielding technology from external interference
Disklabs developed Faraday bags for law enforcement, intelligence agencies, military and computer forensics investigators to enable them to secure seizure, transportation and examination of portable digital devices.
The Technology – How It Works
Disklabs Faraday Bag is an enclosure formed by a multi-layered conductive mesh, coated in a rip-stop nylon, (the same material that parachutes are made of), then covered in a polyurethane outer skin to ensure the product is robust and fit for purpose.
Faraday Bag Features
- Prevents connectivity to cellular networks, WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Effective shielding at 900Mhz, 1.8Ghz, 1.9Ghz, 2.1Ghz, (2G, 3G, 4G), 2.4Ghz, (Bluetooth 1, 2, 3, 4 and WiFi) up to 70dB. 1.22Ghz & 1.57Ghz (SatNav/GPS).
- Multi use specially coated metallic shielding material that uses ripstop technology, for added strength and durability.
- British manufacturing to ISO9001-2008 Quality Standards.
This product is accredited by Secured by Design This product meets ‘UK Police Preferred Specification’ .
Connection Effective Shielding
PhoneShield 1 (PS1)
A small, windowless bag that will isolate one mobile phone, GPS or other similar-sized device. Soft back.
|Dimensions||w: 4.5in / h: 7.5in
PhoneShield 2 (PS2)
Larger than the Phone-Shield 1 and featuring a window that investigators can use. PS2 Isolates one mobile phone, GPS or other similar-sized device.
|Dimensions||w: 4.5in / h: 9.5in
TabletShield 1 (TS1)
A tablet sized windowless bag that isolates iPads and standard-sized tablets.
|Dimensions||w: 8.5in / h: 11in
TabletShield 2 (TS2)
A tablet sized bag that will isolate iPads and standard tablets. The design differs from TS1 by including a window, so that investigators can analyse the device and view the results from its screen.
|Dimensions||w: 8.5in / h: 13.5in
TabletShield 3 (TS3)
This is a large RF shielded bag with a window to allow forensic analysts to view the contents of larger tablets without unauthorised remote connection.
|Dimensions||w: 11.8in / h: 15.7in
LaptopShield 1 (LS1)
A laptop sized (15 inch laptop) bag designed to isolate all types of laptop up to 15” with wireless connectivity.
|Dimensions||w: 18in / h: 12.5in
HoldallShield 1 (HS1)
A holdall (XXL laptop bag type) with carry straps. The holdall will isolate multiple devices including laptops, multiple tablets and other larger devices.
|Dimensions||w: 24.5in / h: 19in
Key Shield 1 (KS1)
Designed for security-conscious car owners, who want to ensure that their car keys are not scanned or cloned and for mechanics – to enable them to determine whether or not the key or the car has a problem.
|Dimensions||w: 11.5in / h: 11.5in (folded height)|
ID Shield 1 (IS1)
For holding ID cards and passes whilst discreetly shielding mobile phone/passport.
|Dimensions||w: 12.5in / h: 17.5in
Why Use Faraday Bags?
- Stops the data on your mobile phone or device being remotely erased by the suspect or their allies.
- Avoids the problem of the mobile phone or device becoming PIN locked.
- Avoids the problem of the mobile phone or device becoming PUK locked.
- ‘Lab Edition’ models have a window that allows the user to preview evidence on suspects’ phone, secure in the knowledge that the phone is being investigated without fear of remote access. The Phone-Shield Faraday Bag was the first bag in the world to offer this.
- Speeds up investigation times.
- Reduces force/agency costs.
- Portable – The Phone-Shield Faraday Bag by Disklabs can be fit onto the utility belt of an officer, or pocketed for simple, light transportation.
- Negates the need for an expensive faraday cage